Everything is a present
I feel incredibly grateful to have come across this moving video this morning.
Wisdom from a 108 year old (Watch the video)
Alice survived the concentration camps through her music, her optimism and her gratitude for the small things that came her way – a smile, a kind word, the sun.
Her attitude towards life is truly inspiring and humbling.
During her time in the concentration camp, she was determined to not only survive, but thrive. For the sake of not only herself, but her young son.
Asked if she had any pain during her time there, she said no. She said, with a smile, she was “always laughing”.
Her wisdom – “how can a child not laugh if the mother is laughing?”
I am truly humbled.
Thank you, I awoke this morning at 07:00 feeling so blue, watched this and although I am having an extremely tough time of it, this video puts life into perspective, music is my healing light and through it we can truly communicate universally, music holds nor bars and cares not your religion.
“We are not human beings on a spiritual journey.
We are spiritual beings on a human journey.”
– Stephen R.
- Everything Is A Present (thekindnesskronicles.wordpress.com)
- The Magic of Optimism (alwayswellwithin.com)
- What We Can Learn from a 108-Year Survivor of a Nazi Concentration Camp (dappledair.blogspot.com)
- Your Stories Define You (sethigherstandards.com)
- Tony Robbins interviews Alice Herz-Sommer about aging, optimism and music (readingremy.com)